Curriculum vitae (PDF) -December 2015
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) from University of Pennsylvania in Educational & Organizational Leadership (2010). Dissertation: Education in the 21st Century: Toward an Expanded Epistemic Frame of Leadership.
- Master of Arts (MA) from Teachers College, Columbia University in Computing and Education – Technology Leadership (2005).
- Bachelors Degree in Music (BMus) from Moravian College. Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors in 1987.
- Pennsylvania teaching certifications: Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility (University of Pennsylvania, 2012), Instructional Technology Specialist (Pennsylvania State University, 2002), Music K-12 (Moravian College, 1987).
- Kodaly Certificate from Westminster Choir College (1992).
- Currently employed as Superintendent in the Salisbury Township School District in Pennsylvania. Prior to this appointment, I served the district as Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning for two and a half years, and Director of Data and Technology for six years.
- I am a clinical adjunct professor in the Education Department at Moravian College where I teach education courses in the undergraduate and graduate education programs.
- I serve on the board of the Chamber Music Society of Bethlehem (Past President).
- Prior to working in Salisbury, I was an Instructional Technology Specialist in the East Penn School District for seven years, and a choral/general music teacher for twelve years. I began my work in East Penn in 1987.
- From 1993-2002, I served as the Chair of the Music Department.
- I was the Mid-Career Program Alumni Fellow in Educational Leadership at the Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania for 2011-12.
- For ten years (2003-2012), I was Musical Director for the Freddy Awards, a televised program designed to recognize high school musical theatre in the Lehigh Valley. The program was awarded a Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award for the 2004 and 2010 telecasts.
- I founded and directed Emmaus Chamber Harmony for nine years, traveling the United States, England, France and Italy. The group disbanded in June 2005.
- I have musically directed and produced many theater productions. I have served as Conductor/Musical Director for Emmaus High School Productions of Les Miserable (2008, featured in the documentary Most Valuable Players), Aida (five 2007 Freddy Awards, including Outstanding Orchestra) Fiddler on the Roof, Fame, Footloose,The Wiz, Once On This Island (Freddy Award for Outstanding Chorus) as well as Civic Theatre of Allentown‘s Three Penny Opera In Concert and The Rocky Horror Show.
- I have taught Online AP Music Theory for AcademyPA.